*POSITION FILLED* PRIM is looking for a post-production assistant
PRIM is a production center at the service of the creativity of professional moving image and sound artists who wish to produce quality independent work, in a context of hybrid practices. PRIM is subsidized by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec and the Conseil des arts de Montréal.
The post-production assistant works closely with the team for the preparation and completion of projects, digitization orders, transfers and duplications. Il ou elle collabore avec le directeur technique pour la mise à jour des équipements ainsi que pour le soutien technique des utilisateurs.
- Be in charge of transfer services (digitization, encoding, duplication, outputs, etc.)
- Integrate the different project media into sound and image editing platforms
- Prepare the media conforming and participate in the online editing work.
- Participate in the technical maintenance of editing and filming equipment
- Participate in technology watch and research and development
- Participate in welcoming members, technical support and general maintenance of rooms and studios
Required skills and qualifications
- College diploma (D.E.C.) in an appropriate discipline
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a post-production environment
- Knowledge of processes and formats related to audio and video post-production
- Interest in culture, independent cinema and digital arts
- Ability to manage various situations with efficiency and tact, good task prioritization
- Collaborative spirit and great teamwork skills
- Great care for member services
- Good problem solving skills
- Rigor, autonomy, diplomacy
- Knowledge of Davinci Resolve and the Adobe suite
- Asset: knowledge of Avid Media Composer
- Asset : knowledge of Pro Tools
- Good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Permanent position, full time 35h/week
- Salary : $18/h à $20/h according to experience
- Benefits, group insurance, 4 weeks vacation per year
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
PRIM offers a work environment where respect, diversity, equity and inclusion are core values and encourages applications from people who identify as members of a minority.
➔Send your application (CV and motivation letter in French) firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject. Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.