The purpose of PRIM’s Organization Assistance program is to support non-profit organizations with a cultural, social or community-based focus having a project that helps them carry out their mission.
To apply for assistance under this program, you must:
- Be a non-profit organization, a cooperative or a charitable organization*
- Have a cultural, social or community-based mission
* For readability, the targeted organizations will be called “organizations” in this document.
- 75% discount on the non-member rate for room, studio and shooting equipment rental
- Access to the Creation Assistance rate for producing DCPs
- Project guidance and technical support
There is no limit as to the number of projects that can be accepted into the Organization Assistance program.
General eligibility rules
One application per calendar year and per organization is eligible for this program.
The same project cannot be submitted to two programs simultaneously.
There is no limit as to the number of times a project may be submitted in the event it is rejected for a previous application period. However, we strongly recommend that you read and take into account the jury comments if you are thinking of submitting it later.
All proposals for producing independent media works in any artistic practice using sound or moving images are eligible. The projects must absolutely be intended to help carry out the mission of the candidate organization.
In the case of proposals from organizations with a social or community-based focus, the project must be overseen by a professional artist or an artists’ collective.
Note: Artist members of an organization cannot avail themselves of this program to present a personal project.
PRIM’s support under this program takes the form of a discount on the non-member rate for renting equipment for the following services:
- Sound and image capture (shooting)
- Sound recording
- Image editing and finishing
- Sound mixing
- Digitization, transfer and DCP creation
The following expenses are not eligible:
- Technicians’ fees
- Distribution media and supplies
Registration terms and conditions
How to apply
To apply, you must send an email to email@example.com and provide the following documents:
- Copy of the letters patent of the applicant organization
- CV of the artist or artists’ collective members overseeing the project, if applicable
- A presentation of the project (the title, nature of the project, its objectives and how the project serves the organization’s mission).
- List of technical needs (Excel document to download, complete and attach to the application)
- Supporting audio/video documentation (15 min max in total) in the form of vimeo or other link(s) (if available)
- Any other documentation that the candidate organization feels is pertinent (photos, illustrations, script, etc.)
Applications are first evaluated by the person in charge of the program at PRIM based on the program’s eligibility conditions.
Eligible applications are evaluated by a jury made up of the director general and at least one artist member of the Board of Directors.
The jury evaluates on merit based on the program’s evaluation criteria. At the end of the evaluation, the committee members decide whether to award the assistance. Decisions are final and without appeal.
The projects are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Project’s interest and relevance (80%)
- Project’s artistic value and originality
- Impacts and repercussions for the organization and the community
- Quality and relevance of the supporting material
- Project’s feasibility (20%)
- Realism of the work schedule and budget forecast
- Ability of the candidate to complete the project from a technical standpoint and in terms of realization (creation experience)
- Impact of the PRIM assistance on the project’s realization
Jury members must follow the Jury Member Professional Ethics Code and the Conflict of Interest rules.
PRIM will notify you of the decision on the application no later than 15 business days after its submission date.
To benefit from Organization Assistance, recipients must become PRIM members, realize their project within two years of signing the agreement and meet all terms and conditions.