VIDEO DEPARTMENT MANAGER
The main mission of the Video Department Manager is to develop, manage and supervise the use of technical infrastructures and equipment related to video. He or she masters the processes and formats related to video post-production in order to advise artists and their collaborators on the use they can make of the center’s equipment and technical facilities. He or she is also required to carry out post-production tasks.
Please note that the working language is French
Equipment management, infrastructure and technical support
- Coaches, advises, guides and supports the team and members on the use and possibilities offered by the equipment and technical facilities
- Ensure the proper functioning of the technical equipment (hardware and software) of its sector as well as its installation and maintenance
- Participates in infrastructure development decisions
- Optimizes computer rooms and equipment for independent use by members and technicians
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical standards
- Implements and maintains methods, procedures and tools that ensure the transmission of knowledge in the sector
- Ensures the technological watch in our activity sector
- Supervises the work of the post-production assistant: training and development of equipment and processes
- Oversees the post-production assistance, off-line editing, colorization and effects correction departments.
- Oversees or performs online editing, conforming and project exports.
- Diploma of Collegiate Studies (D.E.C.) in post-production or any training deemed equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a post-production environment
- Proficiency in the workflows, processes and formats related to video post-production
- Excellent knowledge of computer and network environments, especially in the post-production sector
- Knowledge of the cultural, independent cinema and digital arts scenes (asset)
- Keen sense of time and task organization, good priority management
- Collaborative spirit and strong teamwork skills
- Methodological rigor, autonomy, leadership, curiosity
- Proficiency with Avid Media Composer and DaVinci Resolve
- Proficiency with specialized computer systems in post-production
- Fluency in French, spoken and written
- Good knowledge of English, spoken and written
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Permanent position, full time 35h/week
- Salary: according to the salary scale
- Benefits: group insurance, 4 weeks vacation per year, 12 statutory holidays and 12 sick days per year
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.